Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gratitude

So, my Aunt Karla, a very kindred spirit indeed, has been posting on her blog three things each day that she is grateful for. I'm not sure how long this is going to last for her, but I have decided to do it for a week. Hopefully I can remember to post every day...

number one - my sister Colby
She has always been there for me. But I guess that's her only option because she's my little sister and we both came a few years later than the rest of the kids. The last couple of weeks life has been hard and she has been right there living it with me even though she lives about 60 miles away. I am so grateful to her for coming to visit and for caring about me.

number two - my roommates
Ok, so it's not appropriate for testimony meetings but I think that being grateful for your roommates is very appropriate for a gratitude post on my blog. These eight girls have made my semester so much happier. They are always willing to be silly and absurd with me, and most of the time their harebrained ideas are more out there than mine. My favorite part about my roommates? Each of them has a strong testimony and is a great example to me. I can always depend on them for smart, honest advice and I really appreciate that.

number three - my targhee pass
This year I went all out. I bought a new snowboard, new boots, and a pass to Grand Targhee. Now, I haven't always been a huge snowboarder but last winter I hung out with the Targhee crowd in my singles branch and they definitely got me back in to it. Im so excited for the freedom that this $200, credit card sized, goofy pictured pass will give me on the weekends this winter. I never thought I'd say it, but PRAY FOR SNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment