Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mail. It was called mail.



JOE FOX: You wrote her letters?
SCHUYLER FOX: Mail. It was called mail.
NELSON FOX: (fondly nostalgic and kidding it slightly) Stamps. Envelopes.
JOE FOX: You know, I think I've heard of it.


I've always been a lover of two things. Movies and mail. Knowing this, it's easy to understand why my favorite movie of all time is absolutely, positively, without question You've Got Mail. Along with witty dialogue and great actors such as Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, and Dave Chapellle, You've Got Mail is the perfect blend of my two favorite kinds of communication.

But what has happened to mail these days? In my mind it's slowly on its way out the door, which might be the most unfortunate thing that could ever happen to the human race. What do you think about mail? Effective or ineffective? Does it have a place in our future world? Let me know because i think it's great. I think it's just got to stay around. The Lords loves his people too much to take such an exciting, lovely,simple pleasure away from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment